Great Estates

"Deepdale" - home of William K. Vanderbilt, Jr. Part of the estate is now the Lake Success Village Golf Club. A portion of the original house remains on Westcliff Drive in Lake Success.

"The Cove" - home of Cord Meyer, was on West Shore Road. Built around 1900 and demolished around 1950. Now the site of Cove Lane.

"Sunshine" - home of H. S. Gilbert. Built around 1900, later owned by Harry Sinclair and now the site of Sinclair Drive.



"Martin Hall" - home of Preston Pope Satterwhite. Destroyed by fire in 1932, it is now the site of Martin Court.

"Nirvana" - home of William Gould Brokaw, was off Beach Road in the area near North Senior High School now known as Nirvana Gardens.

Walter P. Chrysler estate. Built around 1916 as the home of Henri Bendel, it is now part of the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy.

Great Neck History Online | Grist Mill | Middle Neck Road
Notable Sites | Parks & Recreation | Schools & Libraries | Transportation

159 Bayview Ave Great Neck, NY 11023
(516) 466-8055
Email: comments@greatnecklibrary.org
Copyright © 2004 Great Neck Library