Transportation

Great Neck Railroad Station. Post card view of the Station built in 1883 and razed in 1924, looking toward Station Plaza North. Part of the building in the background remains standing.

Great Neck Railroad Station. The railroad was extended to Great Neck in 1886. Until 1910 passengers needed to take a ferry from Hunters Point to New York City.

Middle Neck Road at Station Plaza before the tracks were lowered in 1937 to eliminate the grade crossing.

Steamboat landing at the end of Steamboat Road where passengers took the steamboat to New York City.

Tom Thurston's Blacksmith Shop on Middle Neck Road about 1899.

Great Neck Garage on Middle Neck Road opposite North Road. The building is still in use as an auto repair shop.

 
 

Great Neck History Online | Grist Mill | Middle Neck Road
Notable Sites | Parks & Recreation | Schools & Libraries | Transportation

159 Bayview Ave Great Neck, NY 11023
(516) 466-8055
 
Email: comments@greatnecklibrary.org
Copyright © 2004 Great Neck Library